Visa application in the United Kingdom for purposes of Naturalization or the Indefinite Leave to Remain will require a passing mark on the Life in the UK test. This examination is mandated to assess and examine the applicant and examinee’s knowledge and understanding of British life in several different aspects or categories. We have history and culture, customs and tradition, society and people, economy, government, laws and regulations, employment, education, tourism and everyday living.
- History and Culture – You will have to study and familiarize yourself with significant dates and events all throughout the UK’s history. This includes its geography, jurisdiction and practically what transpired in the days past that have made the United Kingdom what it is today.
- Customs and Tradition – As is with every country, city and town, several customs and traditions are practiced in the country. There too are folklore, ancient and old beliefs as well as uncanny traditions that may be foreign to other citizens from other continents.
- Society and People – The British have a uniqueness of their own. Its people are known to be jolly, thoughtful and humorous individuals. Its society can even be considered as a huge melting ground or potluck of various races and cultures from many places all over the world.
- Economy – The United Kingdom is considered to have one of the most promising economies in the world. London in particular is one of the biggest economic cities. This topic includes monetary affairs, finances and business among others.
- Government – The UK has what we call a constitutional monarchy in where the reigning monarch, the Head of State, does not make any political decisions. All political decisions are to be made by the government and the Parliament.
- Laws and Regulations – This topic is quite a broad one on its own. Of course there are simple rules and regulations like that of driving and road rules. Applicants need to know about this and more if they wish to stay for long or for good.
- Education and Employment – Many of the biggest and most famous educational organizations can be found here. At the same time, employment is also massive given the promising economy and tourism.
- Tourism – With sights like the Big Ben, London Eye, Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Madame Tussaud’s, St. Paul’s Cathedral, British Museum and the Tower of London among many others, the UK is booming in terms of tourism.
Be sure to study all of the above and check out the Official Handbook for the Life in the UK test. To start a review class visit www.theenglishacademy.co.uk